Monday, May 16, 2011

Ten Different Views from One Direction - An Exchange

I am thinking of having an exchange that is a bit different than normal.
First and foremost:  I need to find 10 really committed printmakers.
I will carve and create 10 identical key blocks out of the old classic battleship grey linoleum. After which I will mail them to the 10 chosen printmakers.
The "Chosen" will then create 3 color plates to use with said key block. (I will provide these to the printmakers as well)
I think it will be very interesting to see which artists will color what parts, what their area of focus will be and what color palette they will use.
We can discuss the subject matter as a group and vote on the key block image choice, the drawing of the block will be up to me.
We will all be committed to an edition of 10, so each of us can have one from each participant just like similar exchanges.
This will take some time to completely organize, not to mention to carve so let's call this the first step, or the "feeler."
If you are interested please contact me with questions, ideas, you want "in" etc..
Cheers,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment